 Castle / 21270
Re: KKIII close up pics of shields and armors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 05:30:07 GMT

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Morten Soerensen wrote:

Any castle fan waiting for these sets to arrive - no need to wait longer, here
are some good pics of some of the new armors and shields. Much better than what
we have seen in the previous sets in my opinion:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/bricks4you/nss-folder/scrapbog/Armor%20dark%20green%20print.jpg

http://www.sitecenter.dk/bricks4you/nss-folder/scrapbog/Armor%20red%20print.jpg

If I see this correctly, the printing is supposed to indicate chain mail
showing through under a surcoat or possibly plate armour.  That would make
sense on a torso, but it seems kinda strange on a piece that already
represents plate armour.

Shields:

I like the mix of the three printable types of shields (which I realize
was present in 2005 as well).

http://www.sitecenter.dk/bricks4you/nss-folder/scrapbog/Shield%20of%20Age.jpg

I really like this one.  Generic shields always seem more useful to me
(even though a mix of different shields with heraldic patterns is often
realistic).

http://www.sitecenter.dk/bricks4you/nss-folder/scrapbog/Shield%20bull.jpg

Finally, a triangle bull shield to go with
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2586p4g
!  Not the same color scheme, unfortunately, but good enough.

A lot of great stuff, many great new parts to make own armies! I also find that
many of the shields has become more classic again, nice motives but not too
childish like some of the earlier KKII shields.

I agree.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/