 Castle / 21059
  Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

Looking for information on some particular sets, no model number or set id information known. In 1993 Toy R US in Kokomo and Indianapolis, Indiana saw some sets that were not mini-figure scale in the 500 – 1200 piece range. Sets were of a castle (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) Dude, you are describing the 1990's Megablocks line. (URL) my auctions, only linked for the pics) The MB home page is horrid, so it's rarely useful for anything. I'm sure there's a good MB info page out there somewhere, but I've never (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) I know it sounds like I am describing a megablocks set but its not the case, this was a Lego set, only slightly larger/smaller then minifigure scale more like a Model Team set but they were not. Real Lego pieces. More like a scale model. Only (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) Well, I have to say I'm of the mind to think that it was probably another brand. To my knowledge, Lego has never released a non-minifig-scale castle or pre-1600's ship that hasn't been minifig scale, with the possible arguable exception of the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) I have to concurr with Dave and Clark Stephens. (And I am writing an historical book on Lego sets). No Lego longships were ever produced for sale in the 1990's. Gary Istok (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) I can't remember anything that big or not to fig scale except model team and recent SW sets. Lego have definately not done anything Roman... someone would remember that!! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) I have fairly extensive info on Mega Bloks back to 1993. In post 21060, Clark correctly identified the two most likely possibilities from Mega Bloks: (URL) two sets came out in 1995 and had 370 and 725 pieces, respectively. Both are minifig (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)