 Castle / 20895
  White vs Gray?

[Exit Real-Life-Imposed Dim Age] Hey all. Been a long time since I posted in .castle. Back in the day, a few of you might recall, we had a series of discussions on facts and history that might influence our building. A few days ago I saw a program (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

(...) And it gets even worse :-) Take it from a European who has about a dozend real castles and ruins within walking distance, and has a bit of interest in castles and history: Most mediaevel castles in the Rhine area where not simply white, they (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

Interesting thread. I had heard of castles being "whitewashed" before but never the multicolor thing. Perhaps the KK2 are more historically accurate than many of us would like to think? I know for sure that there was a trend for a while to paint (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

(...) Good to see you back (even briefly)... You were one of the first to welcome me aboard! This does raise a really interesting point! I know some castles in England and Ireland have surviving sketches that aren't multi-coloured... but these may (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

Now that is interesting. I also knew about the whitewashing, but had no idea about the heraldric colors. Might make for an interesting MOC...hmmm. Josh (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

(...) Exactly the same thing goes for the Greek temples. (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)