 Castle / 2045
Re: Question(s) for the FAQ/me. [CW]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 03:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Michel Mooser writes:

Heh, ok, thanks for the Info. Yeah, I need to solidify some of my ideas,
etc. I like lego a lot but I'm bad at envisioning specifics of
construction. For example I have some ideas for catapults but I have to
put them together before I'll really have any idea of what they'll
really look like. My minds' eye is sorta elusive like that. or
something.

Oh, By the way, I will have to feud with you shiri, as one of my
characters is/was named Felix. Boohoo.

Well, don't worry bout it. Felix is sorta drifting away from my current
storyline, and won't appear for a long time, at least until I start my second
castle (like I said - a looong time ;-)

He was the first character I thought of after a major building block that I
had for the past half-year. Pawel suggested that I try creating a story around
some minifigs, and let it flow... Well, it did! My building block is pretty
much gone and I couldn't be happier! (Well, I could, but that's a different
story... :-)

One of the reasons I have more characters/fig/etc than buildings
is that I have taken to using Minifigs in place of miniatures
for gaming with friends. Much more personality to put together
your little Avatar than a hunk of lead. Well, I think so anyways.

Yeah, but you can think of minifigs first, then build stuff around them - like
a hideout for a forest minifig, a castle for a royal minifig, etc.

Shame they look too happy for dark roleplaying, like Call of Cthulhu. ;)

Well, check out Arjan's evil minifig:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=1879

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/