 Castle / 2037
Re: Question(s) for the FAQ/me. [CW]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 01:54:26 GMT

Hi Michel!

IIRC, there are no requirements - except that you have something to offer! The
idea began as something that anyone can relate to, from buildings to minifigs
to stories (well, maybe not stories alone, but...)

My point is, you can submit only characters or only buildings as you please,
but the more you combine them, the more interesting it will be for the rest of
us ;-)

FTR, my minifig-to-piece ratio is also quite higher than normal, but both are
pretty low now. In the past half year (ever since moving to the US) I almost
doubled my collection (I estimate), but I didn't bring all my original
collection with me - I mostly brought minifigs and special pieces, not
realizing that BURPs, Castle walls, bricks and PLATES (!) would be just as
hard to find. How sad is that? Anyway, I added a 1200 tub, a 6097, a 6091, a
5771 and some smaller adventurer and Belville sets and viola! My collection is
so much better now! (Though still missing TONS of plates :-( )

Being a high-school student doesn't make lego-life easier, but baby-sitting
bought me a lot of lego...

But I digress...

On the CW point, whatever you can give is welcome! So don't worry, be happy
and send in those characters!

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego

In lugnet.castle, Michel Mooser writes:
I believe (The links' not on the CW site yet and I'm not sure which post
covered the related material) that you had a question in the faq along
the lines of "How can I join the project!" etc which would be to mail
you -

Perhaps also questions like "What are the requirements", etc?

I mostly just ask cause I am personally curious; I would like to
participate in the formation/story/play/etc of the CW "project"
But I dont have very much in the way of structure - I'm only recently
out of my dark ages and also a student, so using my
limited money to scrounge parts, et cetera. [Thankfully I was never so
silly as to sell my parts while in my dark age! Phew!]

My legos (Which are a mix of systems, but mostly castle. [Though I do
have my prize Black Seas Barracuda.] ) are very
minifig heavy (well, not compared to the people with 100 Black Falcons,
but I mean Fig-to-piece ratio) and the
figs are a funny mix of some real old castle, some slightly newer
castle, and then new stuff like FK + 2000 lego.
[A pity I missed wolfpack. :(]

-Michel Mooser