 Castle / 20372
  Re: New Vignettes - Princess Bride and the Matrix

Lenny, I love how easily identified these are. I think that's a testament to how well you captured the scene in each one. Somewhat inspiring for me to try some myself. Where did the vignette, 6x6 concept get born from? Any other good sources for (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Vignettes - Princess Bride and the Matrix

(...) Hey Brian, I'm not sure where the idea originated (don't say SW Storytellers or violence may ensue ;) ), but a recent spate of these on Classic-Castle.com was inspired by noticing similar creations by three Japanese builders: Makoto: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Vignettes - Princess Bride and the Matrix

(...) Wow, thanks for all those sources. Looking at the original Japanese inspiration, would it be too uncouth to refer to vignettes as the haiku of LEGO building? I really dig the simplicity of the building style, and absolutely how much (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)