 Castle / 19880
Re: Help finding helmet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 16:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Moish Brenman wrote:
Hoping SOMEONE here can help me-

in the now-infamous Monty Python Holy Grail done in minifigs, one of the
figures is wearing a black helmet with a flip-up visor, unlike ANY i have
ever seen...

does this visor exist? and if so, in what sets?

it SEEMS that all the parts used in this movie are true Lego, though some
have been altered- but this particular helmet fits too well and works with
the existing visor-holes (and hads a plume-hole), which makes me think it
is real.

Unfortunately, it's not a real LEGO minifig helmet, although I wish it was.
The only other piece, besides the helmet, that is not made by LEGO is the
flanged mace that someone konks someone else on the head with.  (During the
part when a guy has a yellow ladle in one hand and is playing the knights'
helmets like a xylophone, in the other hand he has a dark gray mace that's
not an actual LEGO piece.)

Actually both of those pieces were produced by Lego but never released - the
helmet visor had functionality issues, it tends to pop off the helmet every
couple of seconds.  I don't know what the issue with the maces was, they seem to
work fine.  It just means that the animation was produced by somebody in Billund
HQ where they have access to a wider range of parts than we do.