 Castle / 19836
  Re: Castle wall idea - using 3 x 3 x 6 Corners

(...) military problems with a wall built that way) but it looks strong and imposing. I don't like the slopes at the bottom, though; I think it would be better to have the walls go right down into a wet moat. And the towers don't live up to their (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wall idea - using 3 x 3 x 6 Corners

(...) Thanks for the feedback. Military problems in defending or attacking? (...) I agree about the slopes at the bottom... but I didn't want a moat. I'll have to play with them more to see what I can come up with. Do you think both towers are too (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wall idea - using 3 x 3 x 6 Corners

(...) Defending. The point of projecting towers is so the defenders can sweep the fronts of the walls with projectile fire. With a wavy front, an attacker standing between two of the waves would be hard(er) to hit, because the wall itself would be (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wall idea - using 3 x 3 x 6 Corners

(...) I wonder if it would be harder to get a ladder up to a wavy wall, though. (...) In fact, it doesn't. That principle only holds true if the oblique angle tends to deflect shot into open air. If it deflects shot into a pocket point of the (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.castle)