 Castle / 19681
19680  |  19682
Subject:
A Tree.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:26:54 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Fellow AFOLs,

Once upon a time I built a castelish setting called "The Inn at the Olde
Road", which (among others) featured a large tree in the inns courtyard.
The album with the Olde Inn and the first version of the tree can be
seen here: <http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album216>.

But even then, the tree was way to small for my taste (from the very
beginning of the design, long, long before I even considered to build it
from Lego bricks one day, the primary attribute of the tree was "Wow!
Big!").

Collecting pieces takes time, but now - just in time for the Mülheim
exhibition - I managed to finish a complete overhaul of the tree.

A new design of branches and sidebranches, the splitting of the main
trunk, more green (way more!) all added up to a tree that can also be
used as a standalone MOC in its own right.

<http://festum.de/1000steine/album/album193/imgp0043_half.sized.jpg>

About 60cm (2ft) high, it'll take a Lego Technik scaffolding for safe
transport, which will be a problem in itself, as the tree easily exceeds
the 32x32 baseplate ist has been set into. A good 800 pieces of "Plant
Leaves 6x5 (2417)" went into this tree (leaving me at about a handful),
as well as about 1500 plates 1x3 in black, bringing this tree to a piece
count of about 3200-3500.

Just a little tree for a castle scenario:
<http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album193>

Yours, Christian