 Castle / 19625
Re: Great Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:49:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote:

   Excellent detailing throughout! You also made very good use of the rock-patterned wall panels- just enough to add some variation but not overwhelming.

Thanks!

   I think you missed the “could be a set” goal for this particular alphabet project model, but it’s certainly beautiful.

Yeah, this and the executioner are not really “set” creations. That’s why I qualified the “set” goal with *most* :) I had to do some sort of great tower/keep, which doesn’t lend itself to being an actual set.

James

Excellent build, James. Lovely details, lots of fun.

I was agreeing with the ‘couldn’t be a set’ reasoning, and then I thought ‘Why not?’ What .castler, or kid who is into castles, wouldn’t want this set?(1) No, it wouldn’t be a big seller, but I bet it could match the ISD for sales. How does it compare in parts count? (rough, ballpark figure...) That kind of dreaming big is something I think that LEGO needs. Think of the press they could get with that. Think of the playability....

Peace and big dreams,

Professor Whateverly

(1) in classic gray of course.