 Castle / 19386
Re: Call for LEGO Castle Techniques
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
And why not just help beef up the How-To section at Classic-Castle?  That is
why it is there after all. :)

Actually, I've sent mail to Kevin, and he's said that he'd add a link to the
How-To section this weekend.  So, I am interested in being a part of the
Classic-Castle site.

I'd like my page itself to be hosted from my server, since it's easiest to
maintain.  If the time should come that I don't want to maintain it any more,
I'll release it to Classic-Castle under some form of copyleft.  In the meantime,
I'm fine with it if they would like to pull up my page within the Classic-Castle
frames, so it looks like part of the site.

I'm not interested in copying or hosting all the pictures to which I'm linking:
out of both courtesy, so other peoples' web sites get more exposure; and also
copyright concerns, since I don't want to claim any images that are not my own.

As far as Kevin's Lexicon, I didn't want to tromp all over what he's done, since
not only are these images not mine, I can accomplish my goal with only links
rather than embedded pictures.  I'm also not interested in competing with
everybody on everything by building every model myself.  I have links to each
page referenced by the How-To Creation page from my page, except the idea list.
If Kevin was willing I could incorporate that text into my page, giving him
credit for his entries, as I have with some text from the Lexicon.

It wouldn't bother me if my page replaced the How-To Creation page itself, since
it contains all the links there (again, except the idea list).  However, the
current How-To Creation page is more concise, and links only to substantive
original articles.  In any event it's a decision for the CC maintainers, not for
me.

I hope that this addresses your concerns.