 Castle / 19065
Re: Concerning Dwarves and Torsos...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:14:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder wrote:
Hey all.  Love the stuff that's been going on lately around here.  Someday I'll
stop being a lurker and actually post some stuff,  Till then, I have some
customization questions:

1.  I've noticed that some people have managed to fit flared helmets onto
minifigs with beards (for dwarves, etc).  How do you do this?  Do you trim the
helmets or the beards?  What would be excellent is if someone could post a quick
scan or pic of this, but an explanation would be great too.

2.  Anyone have any tips for printing torso stickers off of Windows Paint with a
dot matrix printer?  Mainly looking for sizing and stuff like that.

Thanks for any help!

Go over to http://www.classic-castle.com/ - lots of ready-made torso templates
are available both in the how-to and Castle MOC board.  I can't speak for
Windows Paint - I use Photoshop.  Most are set up for 300 to 500 dpi printing
which are fine for most ink-jet printers.  Glossy photo paper gives the best
results - I use Epson Glossy Photo Paper since it is thinner and lighter than my
usual Canon Photo Paper Pro.  Lesser papers will give you blurrier and less
vibrant printing (but you want to have a whole page full - use cheaper paper for
tests).