 Castle / 18962
Re: MOC: Glenbrick House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:10:38 GMT

Tony Alexander wrote:
     Ditto on Pawel's thoughts...I'd love to see more pics, and closer zoom.
     Nicely done!  This shows a great deal of research and attention to
realistic detail.  Is it difficult to make things work well in minifig scale?

It takes work - I prefer to work at this scale, as it presents more of a
challenge to my brain and less to my wallet!  Certainly capturing some
of the carved features took a lot of thought, but designing my own house
meant that I was able to portray only the features I could do easily.  I
avoided, for example, a larger round tower or curved windows (although
at a push the macaroni pieces would do that for smaller curves).

I'm impressed with the "whole room" attention on the interior, the exterior
detailing, and the three-dimensional interaction of spaces.

I feel some of the credit for that should go to David Bryce - the
massing of structural elements as well as the individual elements I used
is derived entirely from his work.  But he died in 1876 so can't accept
credit!

Alastair

--
LEGO creations: http://aldisley.care4free.net/lego/lego.html