 Castle / 1895 (+20)
  Re: Different castle buildings...

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Pawel Nazarewicz (<FovF0p.CoG@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:00:25 (...) Fortified house - not big enough to be a castle, but with some of the features. (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Character Subcategories

Seeing as the list of characters will prove to be extensive, what would be a good way to categorize it (similiar question to structures)? My thoughts on the general segregation so far are: 1) Villager - your standard folks 2) Knight - your warriors (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers

(...) Thats why I made sure to say that these were unedited shots. I usually get about half the pictures I take with my Digital camera to come out presentable. I usually screne them closely before posting them and clean them up. This was a bit of a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers

(...) If you're using a digital (or possibly even if you're not), the problem may be that low light conditions cause you to use a slower shutter speed. That means that the picture takes longer to take, and is more vulnerable to slight movements of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

What are you up to that you need all these lists of stuff, Pawel? I presume its a CastleWorld thing, but I am not sure I see where it leads to... -- Richard (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) the (...) of (...) Pawel, while that list certainly contains all the general character types of any good fantasy roleplay game, I think that there is possibly too much room for crossovers. For example, I have a wandering band (Travellers) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  The Law of Falling Lego

I think I've discovered another law of physics! Have you ever noticed that a piece of falling Lego will always end up in the most difficult spot to see and/or reach!! I firmly believe that we are dealing with some sort of artificial intelligence (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World

(...) Well, I am not sure who is in charge of this CastleWorld idea as it progresses and changes with more and more input; but I would say there would be room for something very like pirates in a castle world as long as you adapted either to the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different castle buildings...

(...) A Tavern certainly should be part of an Inn, but they could be separate too. My village will have a small Tavern called the Bull's Head, and a larger Inn called the Dragon's Wing, with probably three rooms available, and a Tavern downstairs. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) This is a well-established Law of Murphy, but it still never fails to annoy me. I build most of my smaller sets on my desk, and invariably I'll drop a piece or two during construction, only to have it skitter to the joint of the wall and floor (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I think they're likely in cahoots with Wham-O whose Frisbees have long been seeking the underside of autos for years. -Steven (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World

(...) Just figure out how to build Viking long boats, I think they've been around since the early days of european castles. Come to think of it, there have been sea-going ships since before the Roman Empire. I'm not quite sure about the history of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) <snip> (...) An excellent point. (...) Hmm...well, arranging them geographically would be the easiest way, but I think that Pawel was also pondering a 'master list'. Maybe there should be a recognized set of 'keywords' and then, well, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) Uh O, roleplaying game? Is that like D&D? I have no interest in that at all! I thought there were sites where that was being done already, or so I understood. What exactly were you trying to set up, Pawel? I am all into telling stories, but (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) Well, I gave my 'keywords' thought in my last post, so I'll restrict this to ideas for more keywords. (...) This might be a bit broad. Not all soldiers are knights... (...) Criminal might be a good idea also. A cat burglar might not be an (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) A minor nit: not all roleplaying games use dice or even randomizers of any kind to determine the outcome. In fact, not all of them have rules, although I'd personally hestitate to call those "games" (although they are still "role-playing") (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Character Subcategories

(...) A minor nit: not all roleplaying games use dice or even randomizers of any kind to determine the outcome. In fact, not all of them have rules, although I'd personally hestitate to call those "games" (although they are still "role-playing") (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) of (...) then (...) bounce (...) It's just the Lego Variation on Murphy's Law. Well-documented. :-) Bruce (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I definitely have to agree with this. I usually do my building at a desk or table and my bricks decide to fall just underneath the center of the chair. That one spot that you (or I, at least) can't reach without either getting out of your (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) Not to mention the rooves of buildings. ;) Jeff (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact