 Castle / 1844
Re: [CW] - more on map and menu.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
(This is Pawel - sitting out the bad weather at Craig's)

My last post got deleted, so I'm going to try to restate anything that was
missed and add on a few things:

1)  The Map

The map will be a 4x4 grid for starters (european style) and a 2x1 grid for
the oriental style (since that's how I see the breakdown right now ...)  The
two will not be connected, but upon exploration, may end up becoming one.

I was just thinking about better ways of making the map, and I remembered a
program called Campaign Cartographer.  It is a program to create campaign
worlds for AD&D and other Fantasy Roleplaying Games, by ProFantasy
<http://www.profantasy.com/>.  After looking at some of the screen shots, it
looks like it would be perfect for Castle World.  Does anyone have this
program?  If not, I've been considering getting this, so may go ahead and get
it in a couple weeks.

2)  The menu.

The menu is still preliminary, but will contain the following (suggestions
welcome here):

1)  The Map - will take you to the map menu.
2)  Structures - buildings or such submitted by people.  Each will have it's
own page with a little history and the creator.

A little map that shows its location would be nice.  Maybe include nearby
structures, too.

3)  Characters - unique people or things with a little background and
personality.  A system for indexing those will fall into place.  The creator
will also be here.  More on that later.

For the indexing of the Charatcers, sorting by location or kingdom might be
best.

4)  Demons or creatures - non-unique original creations (wraiths, animals,
etc...)

Woohoo!  Gotta start working on some monsters.  Mwahahahahaha!

Jeff