 Castle / 18416
Re: Erik Amzallag's Tonquedec on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:14:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

Correct, I did never posted on lugnet :-/

Thanks to you to post on lugnet, so I should give an answer :-) Thanks also for the congratulations.

Actually, it’s a recreation of Tonquedec castle, a town at around 15 km from where I studie. It’s my second recreation of an existing castle (the first was Bonaguil, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6549 )

I presented this castle at Legoworld 2003. So maybe some of you saw it at Zwolle. About 60 hours to build it, arround 80 BURPs/LURPs and 350 castle walls. For the number of bricks, I don’t know :-)) One wall is underconstruction because I had no more black bricks (I’d not enough grey to make the second tower which is black)...

I love me too the round towers :-) A good work to my mind, but really fragile. I spent also a long time on the stained glass windows, made with fences.

If you have others comments, PLMKWYT :-) I apologize for my English :-)

Erik / brickerik

--

http://brickerik.free.fr/index_en.html

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   I don’t think he posts here, but if so I apologize for stealing your thunder. Anyway, This large castle showed up on Brickshelf:

The rounded towers and odd shapes are especially cool, IMO. Here’s the rest of the gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62023

I believe it is a recreation of this castle:

http://www.casteland.com/puk/castle/bretagne/cotesar/tonquedec/tonquedec.htm

Bruce