 Castle / 17952
Re: 2 Types of Brown?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:20:20 GMT

cool. Always glad to be proved wrong :)

I'll have to check through my quiver collection now. Its a piece which I
always seem to have more than enough of
I didn't have any blackfalcons with the head facing the other way, so I'll
probably have no luck with this either :(

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

William Lister wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Hello!

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/sonstiges/3bows.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/sonstiges/thumb/3bows.jpg_thumb.jpg
Click me for bigger size (Size matters!)>>

I also have one bow that's in a darker brown. It's not just a darker
shade of the same brown but a completely different colour. (Lighting
conditions in my home aren't too good to show that properly.)

Shifty Bricks have copied the quiver and its one of the harder
pieces to spot the difference with mold wise.

Also the dark brown bow says LEGO.
I have this piece since my childhood. But I don't think it's the
normal early version though, for I got my first sets with bows and
quivers in 1984, and that's the earliest year for these parts. I
should have at least one dark brown quiver matching the dark brown
bow if the dark brown colour had been volitional. I think they once
mixed (most likely accidentally) some black grains of raw-ABS (or
PP) with brown when they made the pieces so that the outcome was
dark brown.

I don't think
there is a Lego brown darker than the usual,

Old trees from the 70ies have a different brown trunk, it's almost
grey. But even that is not the same colour as the dark brown bow.

Bye¬
Jojo¬
¬
<<http://www.chutspe.de/adler.gif>>

I have a few of these darker bows and quivers as well. I have never
purchased a clone brand so I am 99.9% sure that these are genuine
Lego parts. I will try to take a pic on my day off.

Will