 Castle / 17947
Re: 2 Types of Brown?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 02:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Hello!

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/sonstiges/3bows.jpg
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/sonstiges/thumb/3bows.jpg_thumb.jpg
Click me for bigger size (Size matters!)>>

I also have one bow that's in a darker brown. It's not just a darker shade of
the same brown but a completely different colour. (Lighting conditions in my
home aren't too good to show that properly.)

Shifty Bricks have copied the quiver and its one of the harder pieces to
spot the difference with mold wise.

Also the dark brown bow says LEGO.
I have this piece since my childhood. But I don't think it's the normal early
version though, for I got my first sets with bows and quivers in 1984, and
that's the earliest year for these parts. I should have at least one dark
brown quiver matching the dark brown bow if the dark brown colour had been
volitional. I think they once mixed (most likely accidentally) some black
grains of raw-ABS (or PP) with brown when they made the pieces so that the
outcome was dark brown.

I don't think
there is a Lego brown darker than the usual,

Old trees from the 70ies have a different brown trunk, it's almost grey. But
even that is not the same colour as the dark brown bow.

Bye¬
Jojo¬
¬
<<http://www.chutspe.de/adler.gif>>

I have a few of these darker bows and quivers as well. I have never purchased a
clone brand so I am 99.9% sure that these are genuine Lego parts. I will try to
take a pic on my day off.

Will