 Castle / 17934
Re: Teaser and Help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:20:54 GMT

   Question: Is there an interior, or is this a facade?

It has an interior. right now it has a fireplace and a ladder to the 2nd story. I asked about possible types of shops it could be so I could detail the interior accordingly.

   Critique: The one thing I don’t think looks right is when you turn it around. I think the part of the house above the city wall would look better in the red/black color scheme. It seems odd to have the stone of the city wall extending up as part of the house.

Interesting, but right now only the front right has the tudor look - the area around the door is brick. Also, the entire back wall is stone (because it is the Wall) and it requires only a few bricks to go up to the roof.

I also figure that from a defensive point of view, having a stone wall facing the outside of the city, rather than a tudor one, would make it safer from fire attack, etc.

But I’ll think about this and maybe change it.

   Oh, one other suggestion. If a house were built into a city wall like this, would you expect it to have an upper door leading out onto the ramparts? Or would that be a safety issue if the city were attacked?

I think it is possible to have a non-defensive related building attached to the wall - essnetially the owner of the shop doesn’t want soldiers wandering though his house.

thanks for the comments/criticism!

-lenny