 Castle / 17858
Re: Teaser of my latest keep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:49:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Denis Pouchain wrote:
Hi all,

Here is a teaser of my new keep
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=54887). It's not finished yet.

Im really liking this.  The scale is quite nice and the tried and true color
scheme adds good seperation of the parts without being boring.  Your obviously
not done so i'd like to suggest a few things.  First, make sure there is
contrast on the ground with some random stones, patches of brown, lime and light
green and lots of trees and vegetation to make it busy and exciting unless you
want a more ominous look to compliment the scarry looking staircase in which
case you will want a more barren, rock and grass landscape.  Add light grey to
the mountain to add more dimension and make the mountain a bit more asymmetrical
i think.  As far as the actual building, i cant think of much.  You really did
this well, despite being exclusively light grey, the shaped pieces add accent
which takes away from a boring monochrome building by adding dimension.  Inside,
i cant suggest much since, they tend to be my weak point, left for last in my
stuff and just usually thrown together.  i cant wait to see the completed model,
so get that done and give us a good post!

-Nick