 Castle / 17523
Re: Will Castle be Big at Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:19:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Hello fellow castlers!

This is just a little email to figure who's coming to [Brickfest].  I am.  Am
{very} excited about it, too!

I don't want to leave anybody out who is a fan of Lego Castles, but
here is a tentative list by registered attenders...

Jeff Byrd (cool midieval weapons designer)

Frank Filz (brought the midieval wharf last year...really nice)

Jim and Malee Foulds (brought the Temple of Shangri last year...also very
nice)

Felix Greco

Lenny Hoffman

Michael and Erika Huffman (who brought Midieval Windmill)

KK Quah (really awesome ninja stuff and chess sets)

Anthony Sava (dragons, and the really nice Chronicles of Ikros)

John Henderson (Hendo!!)

Troy Cefaratti

If I've left you out, I apologize.  If you don't want to be associated with
this list, I also apologize.

I don't know what everyone is planning on bringing.
What I do know is there are going to be at least 3 castle-related sessions
during Brickfest.

On Friday at 3:00 PM, there is going to be a Castle (Knights???) of the
round-table discussion.  The purpose to discuss issues of LEGO castle,
what we want from LEGO, etc.

On Saturday at 10:00 AM, there will be a "Sig-Fig" Creation session.  I
don't know who is running that session, but it should be pretty good,
and should be somewhat Castle-related.

On Saturday at 1:30 PM, there is another roundtable discussion, this one
is about Storytelling and Balladeers.  The purpose is to discuss publishing,
getting started on your own Ballads, etc.  I thought this might be good to
have, especially with Anthony Sava and Lenny Hoffman in the attendance.
(BTW, do you guys mind taking part in the discussion?)

I know there was a laptop in the castle-room.  I believe it was Troy's, but
I am not quite sure.  For the roundtable discussions, I thought it might
be interesting to take a limited amount of questions from the home "viewing"
audience.  Also, some of the discussion might be nice to be posted to
Lugnet.  So if someone might be so kind to bring a notebook to Brickfest.
I know it will be secured there.