 Castle / 15910 (-20)
  Re: Provincial Village

Jon, I love your sets. The small details are great and you have captured this time period well. It would be really cool to see a street full of musketeers dueling with the cardinals men. On the opening roof of the butcher's shop you could use two (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

John, First, lemme just say that these are some of the finest structured MOCs I've seen in a long time. The architecture and overall "feel" of each piece is just splendid. Second, if Lego ever produced such models I'd probably devote my life savings (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Jon, I saw this when it went up but wanted to wait for your announcement to avoid thunder-theft. It was hard, though, because this MOC is so cool I could hardly contain myself. Outstanding design all around. If this was a theme from TLC I would buy (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) Hi Jon, Following that train-of-thought, y’know what would be kinda kewl? A battle field scenario… a small stand-off upon a brick terrain. There could be three sets or so, and each terrain piece could be modular. Has this been done? I know (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Who is bad in Castle Lego ?

(...) Well, you can go by lego's version, or mine. (others have speculated on lego group's alliances, but I'm going to theorize here.) The Black Falcons were a mercenary force employed by the crusader factions to deal in terrorist acts, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial Village

Oh my God, Jon. This is just what I need! Do you have the plans for sale? I just love this whole village. Hugs, Shirley. (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Cinderella's Castle at the Downtown Disney LIC 1997

Well, I cannot say this is very timely but... I just uploaded, to Brickshelf, a few pictures that I took in 1997 for the Grand-Opening for the LIC in Orlando, FL. I was fortunate enough to be living in the area at the time and spent more than my (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.disney, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial Village

Hi jon! (...) Now, THAT's what a late medieval town should look like! I think you met the style of this time periode very well with those small and narrow houses. If I aimed to find a fault I'd say that the blue soldiers in front of the Public House (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Epic of the Beyhadur

(...) <snip> (...) I meant, you could easily tell the story in several chapters, adding the more important features of friendship, romance and betrayal to snazz it up a bit. That's what I would have done, anyway... (...) Sounds pretty interesting, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) <snip> Excellent work Jon. The sets look great together. Pirate era continental europe certainly looks a happier place than the medieval equivalent. And your sausage machine is very clever! Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Who is bad in Castle Lego ?

I don't think it's too black and white like that. I think Crusaders were the biggest and wealthiest force in the land. Black Falcons I view as being a noble house that had their own goals and plans which sometimes clashed with the plans of the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who is bad in Castle Lego ?

Hello! [Crusaders vs. Black Falcons] (...) That's true. And this is why I always preferred Black Falcons rather than Crusaders. BFs were the underdogs that I've sympathy for. (...) Hehe, I can understand this point of view. Crusaders look noble with (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A complete Medieval Marketplace street

Nathan, I like this a lot. It's really cool, and I like the details as well. These are my favorite kind of creations! Thanks for sharing it with us. Jon (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern

(...) Well, role-playing is basically what this story idea would be, since each person would be posting as a "role" they are "playing". The only difference between role playing and a role playing game is that if two of the guys in here get into a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Provincial Village

Hey All, I intended to post my year two creations for the modular castle system this week, but after some thinking I decided not to head in that direction as it seems to be a bit of a time waste.* I mentioned that the modular system was not (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates) !!

  Re: Who is bad in Castle Lego ?

Hi again (...) You can look at it that way too I guess (...) Don't agree. I mean it's true that Crusaders had more battle machines, but they more in everything. Black Falcons had only 6 LEGO sets while the Crusaders had like 14. They had more in (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic of the Beyhadur

(...) I know this is getting off topic, so if anyone replies, feel free to FUT it elsewhere... I actually would enjoy doing an epic length series of comic-style stories like this. With my recent rebudgeting, I might be able to save over most of the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Who is bad in Castle Lego ?

Hello! (...) I do not agree at all :-) (...) In these years there were no "Good" and "Bad", there were just knights from different clans, who sometimes made war on each other, sometimes lived in peace together. BTW the Crusaders are more aggressive (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Epic of the Beyhadur

(...) I understand. I'm also currently balancing between space and castle. It was actually space that got me back into story-telling: ((URL) and inspired me to go through with Beyhadur. It would be totally cool to continue the Xander story, tho. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mount Kofar Temple

(...) Yep. the piece were the pin is permanently attached. I usually hate those pieces, but I wanted the columns 2 wide with a torch in the center. My previous attempt was to put a technical 1x2 brick and a half-pin, but the torches kept falling (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact