 Castle / 1555 (+20)
  Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?

[ XFUT lugnet.publish ] Shiri: (...) [...] (...) We are supposed to discuss web design and such things over in lugnet.publish, so I have cross posted the message there. I use "vi" as my HTML editor, but I will suggest that you just use your (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

(...) Yes, I have done this to some success IMHO. Check out this pick for an example. (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations At: (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

(...) I personally like the black helmets for Dragon Master figs, and my only dark grey helmet fits on a Jedi Luke figure with black cloak as a wandering adventurer... (...) nobleman's (...) I tend to think of these hats as being more peasant-like, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

(...) Hey Cool! Mind if I snitch that idea? ;) (...) My Heralds use King Leo's body and wear the peasant coif. They are also equipped with WW Bugles. (...) Never tried that one, but Darth Maul's head looks really evil in that helmet. The eyes almost (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

The adventurers hat would also work as an alternative hat. The airman's cap might work as a leather helmet. Of course the adventurers backpack for a dungeon explorer, complete with lance (10' pole) and a pick or other tool... The pharaoh's (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) "Paint Markers"? I didn't know something like that existed! I may have to look into getting some. (...) Although, if Lego *does* make a beige ponytail piece, you can make her according to Amano's character designs...along with just about every (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: spelling questions ...

(...) Farrier, though, comes from the middle english "ferrour". Iron is definitely involved. (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

"Shiri" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fo5EHK.A8G@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) tried (...) to (...) (a (...) ;) (...) Start small and simple, and just put on the information that you want to share with others. Avoid gadgets and fancy (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Accessories from other themes...

(...) The Armada chromed breastplate works well, and the morion helmet isn't that far off to be drafted into use, also. I use the coin sprue as ingots of gold. Bruce (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: spelling questions ...

(...) Yeah, I think I mentioned the ME in another post. 'Course, it came through French also, so seeing the spelling get fowled up isn't any big surprise, is it? :) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Miscellaneous thoughts...

While sitting on the throne (a la Archie Bunker) and scanning over the latest S@H catalog, it struck me that the 6095 Royal Joust set is a pretty awesome set for parts!! It's got great weapons (4 halberd axes, a brown lance, a black lance, a brown (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle Minifig Races

Any ideas for medieval races in a half-fantasy half-realistic world? So far, I have: Ice Knights: white-uniformed figs armed with the trans-blue spears, they live to the north of the continent using arctic baseplates and polar bears. Barbarians: (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Miscellaneous thoughts...

(...) set (...) I bought one for $15 just to see what it had, but I probably won't buy any more unless I see it at $10. Theres a fair amount of weapons and shields, but it still seems a terrible expensive way to build an army to me. (...) I've (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Minifig Races

(...) I had a similar idea when I saw those wonderful trans-blue spears that will be coming out soon. Also, you could use clear (trans-white?) helmets with a black visor, and maybe a silver breastplate, to make a truly icy look. And don't those dark (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Miscellaneous thoughts...

(...) Yeah. I paid $20 for one of those guys just a few weeks before the first scans of the 2000 catalog came out. (grumble) I still use my "Chess King" as the king for my Crusaders/Royal Knights faction, though, because he does have a *semblance* (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Miscellaneous thoughts...

(...) Umm, you must have gotten a different King than I did in your Chess software. The one I got has *NO* semblance to the new king 6091... Different colors and printing ALL around. Torso and where ever, I'd call the torso a "fancy gold armor" type (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Minifig Races

My world isn't as fleshed out yet as yours (since it's only in planning stages until my space creation is done), but here are the factions in store: Kingdom of Mitteland, ruled by King Frederik I and his son the Prince. This is the main setting for (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Miscellaneous thoughts...

(...) scans (...) is (...) We're not talking about the KING from the new sets, we're talking about the new KNIGHT that is described above. The new knight has the same torso as the chess king. Bill (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Minifig Races

(...) *SNIP* (...) Where are you getting trans-blue spears from!? I did not know there were any, they don't appear in any of my vast collection. Also, in my kingdom I use the entire Ninja line (with black bows from Wild West) for the Elves. The red (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Minifig Races

The spear will be out soon (if not already in some areas) as part of the newest Throwbot-Technic line. The one that has it is not technically (sorry for the pun) a Throwbot, but it's marketing and design have the same features. They are called (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact