 Castle / 15307
Re: The Adventurers are going all the way to China...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:04:03 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Anthony Sava writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, James Stacey writes:
can you provide a scan of this.
I'm not expecting to see these in the shops over here any time soon

Here you go:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ggiandonato/images/orientexpedition.jpg
--
Grant Giandonato

Check out my eBay auctions:
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ggiandonato/

Thanks Grant. That was very quick. I see what you mean about the silhouette.
Its certainly a standard dragon body there, but an interesting head on it.

--
James Stacey
---------
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

I'm going to risk throwing my opinion out there.  Now I fancy myself as a
dragon lover, I wouldn't say expert, but I would certainly go so far as to say
that I've seen alot of dragons in my day.  And in my opinion, and it is of
course just my opinion, but looking at the silhouette I'd wager to say that the
new head piece is going after the style of the 'big eyed' look of the
traditional Chinese dragon.

The three bumps between the nose and the large bump near the rear of the new
head piece would most likely be wrinkles from a snarl or simple gnarled
features.  The large bump near the rear of the new head piece looks to me like
the eye sockets for some VERY large eyes, with two thick eyelashes or frills
dangling off the top of them.

I'd also go so far as to say we may be getting dragons in red yellow or orange.
Heck, we already got red dragon heads with the LEGO Dinosaur series.

But anyway, that's my opinion

To illustrate just what it is I'm trying to say about what I see, I made this
real quick:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/possible/orientexpeditiondragon.jpg

Upon making this picture, I noticed what might be a whisker, or perhaps a very
long tooth.  I would hope it's a whisker (which goes well with the whole
traditional chinese dragon thing) so it would be off to the side and not
preventing the dragon's mouth from closing all the way.

But again, this is all my opinion.  As I was told by Troy, it could very well
just be random artwork.  I kinda hope it isn't.

--Anthony
Visit the original Kingdom of Ikros
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros
Visit the Chaos Skies website