 Castle / 15243
  Roof Design using 30407

Having extra pieces from the Star Wars sets, we've come up with some use for the 'Hinge Plate 1 x 8 with Angled Side Extensions' (30407) as a roof for our next MM project. Anybody else tried/seen this before? (URL) & Sons (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Roof Design using 30407

Hello Amado, I've not seen this before. It looks interesting. Those pieces (it seems) have been mostly used in conjunction with creatures, particularly Anthony's Tel'Karak (dragon) and Griffin designs, and people inspired by such. I always have a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roof Design using 30407

Hey Amado, I like this roof design. I am always looking for new roof designs, as the "normal" roof slopes can get tedious. This was quite clever. I don't have many of these pieces (not being a star wars builder) but I may have to get some off of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roof Design using 30407

The 30407 piece is not a very versatile piece (lame part) and this was more of an exercise to find out its viability as a roof piece substitute. The new look that the design shows, more than make up for the obvious shortcomings at the connectors. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roof Design using 30407

Josh, It's always fun to experiment with hard to use pieces that get left out. These came from the podrace sets that we got from clearance, though different colors are now used in the Alpha Team sets. Can't escape your keen eyesight the other (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle)