 Castle / 148
Re: REGARDING A MESSAGE A FEW DAYS AGO.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:01:02 GMT

JOHN NEWTON <CACTUS03@AOL.COM> wrote:
THIS IS REGARDING A MESSAGE I POSTED 2 OR 3 DAYS AGO. I POSTED A MESSAGE IN
CAPS LIKE THIS ONE. ALSO INSTEAD OF SAING THEYEAR 2000 LIKE THAT I
ACCIDENTALLY TYPED 200. LATER IN THE POST I HAD IT TYPED CORRECTLY. I READ
ABOUT 7 OR 8 REPLYS ANGRY AT ME. I READ THING'S SUCH AS, I DONT KNOW WHAT
LEGO'S WERE AROUND IN 2OO BUT THAT GUY SHOULD GET A CLUE, AND STOP WRITING IN
CAPS LOCK. THE 2000 THING I MAY HAVE MESSED UP ON AND CAN UNDERSATND. BUT IYS
COMMON SENSES THAT I MEANT 2000. AS FOR THE CAPS LOCK, THERE ISNT A RULE
SAYING I CANNOT TYPE IN IT SO LIVE WITH IT. I PREFFER CAPS LOCK SO THATS WHAT
I USE. IT DOESNT MEAN IM YELLING. THANKS FOR READING -  JOHN.

I guess you need to examine your motives behind posting and whether
or not you want anyone to read your posts and interact with you.

I'll be perfectly blunt - I won't read consistent posts in all caps.
Period.  If I need to I'll just killfile you but it's also easy to
just skip them.  So if I see another all caps post from you without
a reasonable explanation of the cause like the ones Larry mentioned
(very rare), I'll just write you off.

If enough people decide to not bother reading your messages because
they're in all caps and thus difficult to read, you know what?  If
you need to find a certain piece for a project nobody will bother
helping you.  If you're looking to sell something you probably won't
find any buyers.  If you want to interact with us in any way, and
we're all ignoring you because you choose to type in all caps, then
posting won't make much sense, will it?

Kinda like wandering into a party and screaming at the top of your
lungs.  May not be against the law, but pretty soon people will tune
you out.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/