 Castle / 14735
    Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Josh Wedin
   I really like this idea for a common project. Of course, I am biased since it is already what I am doing. I use the 32x32 baseplate as the standard in my town so I am fine with the minimum of 16x16 as the standard for this project. It just means (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Alan Findlay
   <de-lurk> While I'm not taking part in the Moonbase project, I did read the terms that had been developed. About the only "firm" issues were the size and height of the airlocks, plus a minimum set-back for airlock support (so that a moonbuggy could (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Jason Maxwell
     (...) I agree with this. We want to leave as many options open, and just restrict enough to allow the individual creations to be joined. (...) My only concern about this is that at the max offsets, the stall itself is only 10x12, which is prety (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Alan Findlay
     (...) <snip> (...) Good points. I don't see a problem with maxing out your baseplate space. If these creations are brought together at a show, then yours could be placed back-to-back with someone with a 2 stud back offset. In my imagination, the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Josh Wedin
     Sounds fine to me. We can always change it later if problems arise. It sounds flexible enough to start with. One thing we do need to address is city walls and street width. Say 16 studs for the street and same for walls with a 2 stud set back on the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Josh Wedin
   I worked out some stuff yesterday, trying different ideas and things. I think we should go with the marketplace. It is faster to build and the standards below do work for a "temporary type structure." After all the original idea was something that (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Medieval Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project) —Aaron Muhl
   I've been working on castle walls for a town that is completely modular. I'll tell you how I'm doing it and you can decide for yourselves if you want to adopt it, alter it, or throw it in the garbage. :) First I built Wall Segments on 16x32 plates. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)