 Castle / 14696
Re: Fellowship of the Rings movie poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:30:13 GMT

  Hi Bruce,

     go away for a few weeks and look what I miss. It's great, obviosly a
lot of work went into it. But the coolest bit is when I zoomed in to see
better, it didn't loose any quality or very little. How did you do that?

      Brilliant Job,

          God Bless,

              Nathan

In lugnet.build.contests, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I've made an entry for Terry's movie poster contest based on my Lego Lord of
the Rings project.  Here is my Legoized version of the movie poster for the
Fellowship of the Ring:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/LordoftheRings/movieposters/fotrposter01.jpg
For comparison, here is the official poster:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hietbrink/LordoftheRings/movieposters/officialfotr01.jpg
Here's the gallery, though for now it is just those two pictures anyway:

I had a lot of fun learning how to use Photoshop to cut and paste a collage
of pictures.  One of the most challenging parts was not the actual Lego
parts, but reproducing the title-finding the right font, etc.

For more of my Lord of the Rings project, check out my website:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrmain.html

Hopefully soon I'll put together a poster for The Two Towers.  I can't just
photograph my figs for that, though.  I actually have to build Barad Dur.

Bruce