 Castle / 14277
Re: castle MOC: Town of Iris
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:33:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Felix Greco writes:

Nice MOC.  My favorite details (aside from the introductory note) are the
little gargoyles on the octagonal tower by the water-gate.  I'd love to see
more detailed pictures around the town.

Thanks Bruce, though in truth I just took the idea for the gargoyles from
set 6090:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6090

Oops.  I don't have that set.  I feel a bit foolish about picking this out
as the one detail I highlighted.  It's seriously a very nice town, and I'd
like more detail pictures.

I'm re-doing the town because I'm just not very happy about it.  So I had
this feeling of disatisfaction; then Richie Dulin posts pics of Andrastavia
right after on Brickshelf.  So, I was kind of already feeling not so great
about it, but to have that post immediately follow mine kind of made me even
more dissatisfied about it since the juxtaposition really showed what a
piece of crap I built.  So, in light of all that, the keep is staying and
the town is going to be renovated.  But, thanks for the compliments.

I would never use the term "piece of crap" in relation to your town.  It's
really cool.  Renovation, though, is always a good thing.  Lego is not (IMO)
about making something and then having it sit around to be admired.  It's
about building, and tearing apart, and rebuilding, and renovating, etc.  And
any real town is undergoing constant renovation as buildings are torn down,
repainted, new buildings are put up, etc, so a Lego town should also never
be static.

Bruce