 Castle / 14253
Re: The ballets are in
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:08:28 GMT

This is just silly.  First of all, you had some "ballets"?  Was one of them
Swan Lake?  The only one I've seen is The Nutcracker, it was lame.  I think
most "Ballets" are lame.  So you had people vote for a contest...  maybe you
should have them send BALLOTS! not email you some choreographed musical
dancey things.  I think you answer your own question from your post.  Are we
lazy?  Nah.  Do we hate you?  Nah.  Do we take the contest seriously?  Of
course not.  I will go on the record here as saying, YES I did know about
it.  I do remember seeing something about it.  I maybe the only one to
notice it, but I also don't read much of Lugnet other than Castle and
probably General.  Here's your problem....  If you want us to take you
seriously and participate in your 'virtual events' you need to present
yourself better.  Ever since the advent of online 'chat', people have gotten
lazy about this.  People, this is a 'virtual world' where all we know about
you is what you type.  There is pure anonymity.  This is always been the
benefit of online chat, however it is a drawback.  If your first impression
of a person you meet in real life is based on looks and initial
interactions, then it's safe to say it will be same in virtual life.  So
here's what we know of you.  You didn't finish 7th grade english.  I'm not
going to attack you anymore than this, because it won't get anywhere, and I
don't need to blasted myself for being an ass.  So that's my initial
impression of you, if I am wrong, then so be it, but that's how you present
yourself.  So bottom line is try a bit harder if you want the world to take
you seriously, if you don't want anyone to, then you CANNOT get upset by it.
If I were to walk down the street in a nice suit and look really cleaned up,
I would expect a certain respect from people.  If I were wearing some ripped
up jeans and motley crue shirt with some holes in it, I should not expect
the same respect.  I would be an idiot.  I'm done preaching now, I've worn
my welcome and I will tuck back into lurker-dom.  I just had to get that off
my chest.  If you take anything from my rant, take this, dude at least get
the spelling correct in the topic line.

E.