 Castle / 1424
Re: BOGO @ 50% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 03:37:41 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Kummer writes:
I bought 2 Leo's(6026) and 2 Axe Cart(4806). (The other bull guy in the
Catapult set (6032)looks like a dork. I am not buying him for my army. What
is printed on his torso? Coconuts, or some other tropical fruit? I do like
the catapult though.)

Someone pointed out their torsos DO look rather like pineapples :)

Never thought of that.

I'm pretty sure that the armor is meant to be scale armor or possibly
brigandine
- plates of some kind that are riveted to an undercoat, probably of some sort of
thick fabric.  Scale armor was used by the Romans, and I think the Bull guys have
a soret of 'archaic' feel to them - possibly they're the remains of a once-great
civilization.  Didn't the Minoans think bulls were sacred?  I think the
Minoans
lived on Crete...which would make the Bull guys...Cretins!  OK, enough ramble.

Judging from the color, I would say that the plates are either cuir-bouilli
(leather boiled in water or wax, beaten into shape, and left to dry & harden)
or possibly bronze (another argument for their archaic nature...dunno why they
have cannons, though.  Maybe they traded with the ancient Chinese?)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m