 Castle / 14024
Re: It's almost official...................... castle is realy dead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
Yes it is dead. There is no castle section in the lego catalogs shop at home
has 4 kits availible and I just went to florida which has downtown disy
which has a lego olny store that is owned by lego. Well When I saw no
casstle or spider man kits I asked the lady at the front desk. She said
spider man was so hot they were sold out and they dont recive castle
anymore. I figured blacksmith shop and gaurde inn were lego exclusive until
I saw pirate pizza shop breeze way cafe. So it sorta told me castle is dead.

I did make out like a bandit though. ha ha ha

Heh, how long did It take you to figure that one out?

I'm guessing lego stopped making decent castle sets when they stopped
the fright knights and ninja's production run (lugnet does classify
ninja as castle, to any of you who are dissidents to that)

I do think it is a shame that the only way to get a decent castle set
is to [1] purchase guarded inns or Black Smith shops via s@h, or
[2] buying bulk sets like harry potter for the parts. [3] or if
you like auctions (which I think are overrun by hobbyists and greedy
lego hawkers)you can find lego, at a price.

I was complaining about this very thing earlier, that it's next near
impossible to even find knight's kingdom sets anymore since lego
discontinued its production run a year after they were originally
released. I'm thinking this is becoming more of a trend if anything to
discontinue production runs quickly.

Too bad lego doesn't place emphasis on castle or and space related
sets (besides star wars). I believe if they were to continue marketing
bulk castle and space items, such as extra troops, equipment and
expension kits (why doesn't anyone like this idea?! This is perfect,
market boxes of assorted accessories like roofing elements, supports,
basic brick, troops, walls, etc to build your own expansions to sets
like harry potter and star wars. Oh wait, does lego think kids these days
lack the imagination to do that.)

Why do adults cling to that cliche that kids lack attention spans these
days? Why not give them a chance to prove they can build something, you
might be surprised by how kids really haven't changed when it comes to lego.

<<_Matt Hein_>>

check it: http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/
Pyrokid17@hotmail.com