 Castle / 13584
13583  |  13585
Subject:
The town under the observatory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:30:57 GMT

I thought it would be fun to build a castle village, while at the same time
I wanted to see if I could my small Mindstorms collection for something
other than robots.  This is the result:

The telescope uses the Mindstorms microscout to turn in circles until a
light shines on it, at which point the lens moves up and down.  You can kind
of see the microscout below the lens in this picture:

The waterwheel is powered, too, just for the heck of it.  The rest of the
village is an assortment of buildings and landscapes I thought would look
cool, plus a cameo by the Blacksmith's shop.  I'm sure there are
anachronisms galore, as this is my first castle village and I was making no
attempt to be historical.  I just wanted to see what I could come up with.

I appreciate any comments, and hope you enjoy.

- Kenn