 Castle / 1348
  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) Not if that is the same Dacta Castle set that's been out for a while. It has the older 3x6x6 half-octagon towers. The new ones are 3x4x6 half (and a bit) octagon towers. James (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My Castle set list

Since everyone is listing armies, I thought I might as well go all the way and list all I own in Castle. Here they are: 6099 Traitor Transport 6097 Night Lord's Castle 6086 Black Knight's Castle 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress 6079 Dark Forest Fortress (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I distinctly remember seeing the piece in the dacta castle set picture I was looking at yesterday. (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) The dark grey 3x6x6 half-octagon with window showed up in the Night Lord's Castle and the DACTA Castle set and that's it. J (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) Nice theory. How'd you come up with it? -Shiri (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I don't buy it. Why would they want to "use up" a mold? Particularly a "brand new" element that might be still protected by patent? The Space Dacta set, for example, had special elements (octagonal corridor elements, in particular) that wound (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) What, I say, what is DACTA? Aaron>maniac@vol.com (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) LEGO's line of educational products. Go here: (URL) a more expansive answer... James (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) O.K. Thanks for the information. That supports the theory that the dacta castle set was just a way to "use up" the molds for pieces they were discontinuing. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I don't know about 'using up' a mold, unless he means that they had a bunch of extra said pieces made that weren't put into sets. I might believe it, though, seeing as how the Castle Dacta set also had things like the Dragon Masters tower (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) Personally, I think it's intended to be used in schools-- and probably for younger grades (K-4, roughly...) And so Dacta wanted to use large pieces that are tougher to break and harder to loose. And I'd note that this set is comprised of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)