 Castle / 12922
Re: Hello (and my two cents)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:29:02 GMT

a good assessment of the situation.

personally im in the same boat as you.. while i may spend 200+ every now and
then for legos, it is usually in ~$20 increments, so the BFF seems the best for
the money!

on a personal note: welcome! hopefully soon you'll share some of your
creations.  i d love to see what you've got!

-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes:
Hello all.  Just wanted to say "hey" and put my two cents in about the whole
Legend thing going on.  I've been a lurker for about 1 1/2 years (!) and
finally sat down and said "I want to post!" so here I am.  Naturally,
watching and reading for a year and a half, you know I'm not coming right
out of my dark ages, and I got just as excited as everyone else for the
Guarded Inn and the Blacksmith's Shop, as I am now excited about the Legend
voting.

One of the posts I read earlier said it the best.  If TLC is having us vote
one these five, they're planning on releasing all of them at some point.
They wouldn't tease us and not deliver, right?  I think looking at the
prices of the sets can give us a good idea of what is going on here.  $25,
$35, $50, $70, and $100 are all significant enough jumps to make voting due
to price a factor.  Being (primarily) a castle fan, I would love to have a
Yellow Castle, but I simply cannot drop that much loot right now.  My funds
are going to max out at the BFF, so either that or Battrax is getting my vote.

TLC is thinking that the main buyers of the Legend sets will be AFOL's, and
they want to see what AFOL's are willing to spend so they can tailor the
releases that they'll do in the future to that.

Anyway, agree or disagree, that's my voice.  Being my first post, I want to
thank you all for the ideas and enjoyment you've given me as I make the
crawl out of the dark ages and back into the light, and I look forward to
seeing (and eventually showing) a lot more.