 Castle / 12836
Re: Battering Ram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:56:05 GMT

Thanks everybody for your compliments.

In answer to questions:  There is room for 2 minifigures inside, one on
either side.  You can see them about 5 pictures down(the one labeled "The
stone lion's head is a fearsome sight" and the one beneath it).  It's a
little cramped, and they can't both stand up straight, but i needed to keep
the overall size of the ram down.  Otherwise it would dwarf most of my other
construction projects.

The ram swings about an inch or so outside the housing.  I haven't tried
swinging it yet with operators inside, but i suspect they restrict its
movement somewhat.

The whole thing is a bit fragile and was built for looks more than anything
else.  The first time I laid eyes on the lion head piece, I knew that I had
to have one and what it was going to be used for.

--William

http://home.earthlink.net/~ynpw

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
a few questions: would a minifig fit so as to opperate it? how much swing does
the ram get?

good stuff, and if i haven't said before, you're site is beautiful! easy to
navigate with good colors and professional look!

-lenny