 Castle / 12813
Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:47:37 GMT

Thanks Tamyra,
I really wanted to use those levers.  I almost used blue poster tack, but
Incorprating other non lego items is a slippery slope, and I'm starting to
become one of those miserable "purists"! :-)  I decided not to use stairs
since I didn't want to take up floor space, so everyone uses ladders to get
to their appointments (how their luggage gets up there we'll always have to
wonder, as well as how everyone deals with the privacy issue on the 2nd
floor!)  Thanks again for the tips, they got me started in the right
direction.  Jon

In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
waaaaa, here I was hoping you'd find the way to use them :( it's been driving me
nuts, it's perfect for a pipe, though no way to make it gripable :(

Love the Inn, btw! you did a great job on the stone section, I need to get more
of the light light grey and smaller bricks in drk grey.  It just makes them all
that more real to me with all the different colors mixed up.  Those beds are
really cool, I would have never thought of something like that!   I like the way
it comes apart, that's a lot of pieces though, was that easier than building the
top section as one?  Did I miss the stairs up to the sleeping quarters?

Keep up the great work!

Tamy

Jon Furman wrote:

Hey Bruce,
Thanks again.  I finally decided on a pipe piece after Tamyra suggested the
lever idea.  That gave a long enough shaft, but it couldn't be gripped by a
minifig hand, so I started looking into all my 90 degree angled parts till I
found one that worked, it's a little short but hey!  I reused a couple of
bottles just so I could get some color into an otherwise drab scene!  Those
feeding time accessories are a wonder!  Looking forward to seeing more of
your work.  Jon

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.announce, Jon Furman writes:
"The Inn of the Prancing Pony".

Jon,

You've done it again.  This is beautiful.  I think my favorite detail is the
way you made the beds.  Using all smaller bricks makes the walls look
realistic on minifig scale, as does the mix of grays you use.  That tap
piece makes a good pipe.  I'll have to use that one sometime.  I notice you
reuse some of those bottle ideas from your Wizards' Workshop model that were
so nice.  I also notice that you picked up one of those Scala "Feeding Time"
accessory packs.  I got a couple of those, too, for the food pieces.

Bruce