 Castle / 12592
Re: Web Site Questions (& Updates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Movish writes:
What are the best ways to publicize a lego castle site and get more traffic?

http://home.earthlink.net/~ynpw/index.html

William,

From my experience, regular updates of new MOCs is the way to go.  The
creations will provide you will a solid foundation, and then the layout of
the page will simply put on the finishing touches.

So let me use my friend Jon Furman for this:

Jon built a few excellent MOCs and took a lot of detailed pictures of them -
you can currently find them on Brickshelf.com(1).  He NEEDS to put together
a webpage to allow us all easy access to his creations.

With a foundation of MOCs, stories, or anything else (as well as linking to
sites - they might link back to you) it's just a matter of time.

If you make it, they will come.  It's very, very rare that you will generate
a lot of traffic right away and be able to maintain it without updates,
great MOCs, etc.

-- Pawel

(1) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Obi-Juan-Kenobi