 Castle / 12282
Re: JellyBelly, my entry to the Creature Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:45:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey Castle Folk!
Last night I posted the lyrics to a Smashing Pumpkins song and two very
dark, very nebulous, teaser pics of my new creature: JellyBelly.
you can check out more pics of these guys at:

And now, for it's backstory...
JellyBelly creatures, also known as "Mongrells" have not been known to exist
for a long time on Velaria, and as such an abundance of information is still
lost about this creature, however it IS known that these beings are henchmen
of Lord Velghast. They prowl the Forest of Delusion, hunting with eerie
stealth and speed.
They reside in Black Oak trees, (a tree found only in the Forest of
Deusion), and  are rarely seen during the day.
Their powerful front claws are their main defence, and their hind bodies are
arachnid-like, with a visible abdominal section (where this creature draws
it's common name 'JellyBelly') crested with 8 tentacle like legs. It's black
eyes glow crimson at night, granting the fell creature advanced night vision.
Warning! If confronted, do NOT panic or scream. These creatures have a way
of feeding off of prey's fear, and sharp audible increases like screams or
clanging weapons agitate these beasts. It is recommended in case of an
attack to escape as quickly as possible.
Mongrells have been known to flee from fire, but physically assaulting these
creatures is also not recommended.
JellyBellys play a major role in "the 10th Crystal" saga, soon to come.

As always I love to know what you guys think!
-Jay (the Rascal King)

JellyBelly
------------
(by the Smashing Pumpkins)

welcome to nowhere fast
nothing here ever lasts
nothing but memories
of what never was
we're nowhere, we're nowhere, we're nowhere to be
nowhere, we're nowhere, we're nowhere to see
living makes me sick
so sick i wish i'd die
down in the belly of the beast
i can't lie
you're nowhere, you're nowhere, you're nowhere to be
nowhere, you're nowhere, you're nowhere to see
there's nothing left to do
there's nothing left to feel
doesn't matter what you want, so
to make yourself feel better
you make it so you'll never
give in to your forevers
and live for always
and forever, forever, you're forever to be
forever, forever, you're forever to me

-Jay (the Rascal King, who is in no way associated with or authorized by the
smashing pumpkins or any of their agents.)