 Castle / 12022
12021  |  12023
Subject:
New castle? Kinda...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:37:53 GMT

(Pictures & link way at the bottom. Otherwise you'll have to endure my long,
babbling story.)

In April last year, I started working on a castle that never really got
done. At the time I realized I wouldn't have the pieces to do a fully
detailed interior-- just barely missing the mark. I was also moving soon, so
I put it on hold.

As time went by I kinda realized I wanted to change a few things-- like how
I forgot to put torches in some of the lower levels (oops!), and how I
would've rathered to leave out the hinges that opened up the castle and
switch to flat openings. So I kinda left it alone, thinking I might go back
and revamp it.

Fast forward. In October, some guy contacts me. From Tennessee or Kentucky
or something. I forget exactly. He wants me to send him some physical photos
of "some of my castles". 'It's for a brochure,' he told me. He wouldn't take
digital images, though I told him they'd be cheaper. At the time I only had
a couple gatehouses on my site as far as castle went. I was sure he wanted
someone else. So I gave him the names of a bunch of other castle heads who
might want to pick up a quick buck. Some he tried to contact. Some he didn't
bother. Anyway, he came back to me.

I said: 'Well, I do have this ONE castle that I never really finished. I
suppose I could just build the rest of the exterior and forget the insides.
But it'd cost more since it'll take some hours of building.' He didn't care.
So I built. I asked him more-or-less what he wanted for angled shots and
what sorts of castles, but wasn't of much help. Anyway. I finished the
exterior in plenty of time, and took some pictures for the web, just so I
could show him my efforts. He loved it. (I still have problems with it)

Anyway, I guess his clients didn't like it as much. I didn't figure they
would. Whatever the brochure was for, it didn't sound like a huge Lego
castle is really what they should've had on it. I waited on him for a bit
while he met with his clients, but never heard back from him. And it's sat
on my website, almost semi-hidden ever since.

So, here it is several months later, and I realized I never really said
anything about it on Lugnet (although I did get an email from at least one
person who actually saw it) and I probably should... So at any rate:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/castletease.cgi

DaveE