 Castle / 11997
Re: Reflections on my Lego past
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
I really honestly enjoyed your story Anthony.
About your journey and maturity thought the brick.

WOW... well I now know that at least one person read this post.  But what's
really shocking is that you found it, and then replied after nine months of it
being dead.

How I can relate!!!
                 The folly of youth!
For if only I could go back and literally buy 100’s of the Black Knight…
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6009
But alas, this opportunity is gone, hopefully their will be others!

      T’was a good read, thank-you,

                                                --==Richard==--
I'll tell you what, I've come to the conclusion that having all those sets
wouldn't have made me happy part wise.  Yes, I'd have loved to have the armies,
but the pieces themselves wouldn't help me out too much.  (all the sets that
are basically minifigs being exceptions)  I've gone out of the pure castle wall
building idea.  I am now on a quest to buy and collect as many basic grey
bricks possible, as I have seen the greatest castles built with very few castle
wall pieces, or none at all.  I still feel sad about not getting more of those
sets... but not quite as sad.

Thanks for the reply, you sure have made my day... err... night... err morning.

--Anthony

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html