 Castle / 11794
Re: TUDOR Patterned Castle Wall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Chittenden writes:
What I'm after are brown walls with the black tudor pattern. I like the idea
of stickers, but will need some
pointers/hints/suggestions/take-my-hand-and-tell-me-how on printing clear
stickers (is that possible? just having the black stipes on a clear
background so the wall's color shows through?).

My project was inspired by the release of Fort Legorado. Not (yet) acquiring
it, I'm designing (via mlCad) a wooden Motte & Bailey (hence my questions
here in the castle group). Upper building will have the european tudor
pattern, lower building (and of course the outside wall) will be the logs.

So, you want brown wall sections, but you want them to be 1 by 5 by 6 kind,
like the black, grey white, yellow and red windowed ones, NOT the 1 by 6 by
6 white and brown ones with the logs already moulded into them?

Not to pop your bubble, but I don't personally recall seeing motte and
bailey castles that incorporate a half timbered look. I may be wrong, but I
always thought the half timbered style came into use in the late middle
ages. If you're looking to make a typical motte and bailey castle from
around 1000-1100, you might be better off doing it all with the brown wall 1
by 6 by 6 timbered wall sections from Fort Legoredo. Just a thought.

Magnus