 Castle / 11566
Re: New Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
heya leah.. these are all really cool. especially the interiors, very
delightful to look at.

Thanks. :-)

the aquana pynora looks a little 'boxy'.. like a department building rather
than an old sage's home.. but the details are spectacular.. i really like how
you use the bricks to make pictures (a castle, etc) and designs.. all very
nice.

Yeah, I agree that it's too boxy. The main reasons for that is that it's the
first MOC I started (if not the fist I finished) and my original plan was
for it to be smaller and have less floors. It did, however, allow me to work
out quite a lot of my building style.

the swiftoss house is all around cool.. i like the striped roof.  the outside
fence.. is that just a bunch of 1x1 rounds? aren't you afraid of knocking them
and having them all fall down? i would be.  the interior on this one is way
cool.. i think im gonna borrow some of these ideas for some of my own MOC's.

I'm really happy with the way the roof turned out, the stripes were actually
the only way I could get the shape I wanted, but it really fit in well with
the color scheme.

Yes, the fence is only stacks of round bricks. It's fairly stable, but I
have knocked off one or two rows occasionally. Next time I use that kind of
fence, I'll probably use 1x plates to make it more stable.

-L