 Castle / 10954
  The Royal Mill

Hi, I built a new building on Sunday. I have been wanting to build a mill with a water wheel for a while now, so I did! The images are located here: (URL) are thumbs, click on them to get the bigger pictures. Also, I have a new domain name and site, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

It looks fantastic form the thumbnails but the links to the images appear to be broken. is there a pathing error ?? sort it out! I wanna see -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 "brian kasprzyk" <brian.kasprzyk@westgroup.com> wrote in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) mechanism there. There is a lot of life in the watermill. One question - did you run out of black corner slope bricks, or does it have a red top for some reason? Good to see more original MOCs :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) Unfortunately I did run out of black corners. It took a lot more than I thought to do that roof. I have the tip top pieces in black, but changed them to red just to be consistent. I need 31 more black ones. There isn't even that many on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) Those look pretty good. I've been working on a water mill myself for a while now. Maybe one day I'll finish it and get pictures up. I'm trying to use a motor so it will turn on its own. It looks like you've used lots of gears to slow it down. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) That was the same problem I was answering with the elaborate gear system I installed. The non-torque motor Lego makes turned my windmill into a mini fan. It really pushed out the air! The torque motor they have (power cable connects on top (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) The micromotors are always like that. Even in a loud room at a train show, standing within 10 feet of an unshielded one of these is really irritating. It's not nearly so bad if it is fully enclosed in a building or on a moving platform so that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) When I click on the thumbnails I get a "404 HTML error" message - a classic. But from what I can see, it looks wonderful! It's almost better to see it small - it looks almost real in that view! Lovely job. -Shiri (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) The links are corrected now for the thumbnails! BK> (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

awesome.. i love seeing the peasants coming to get their bread from the mill.. a little piece of every day medieval life; i wish lego would do something like this. but really.. totally cool! peace -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) Brian -- That is really cool. Not being much of a "gear head" (IE: not much technic in my collection) I suspect it would have taken me far longer than 4hrs to get the gearing right. ;) I understand some about gear ratios and such from my R/C (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)