 Castle / 10680 (+5)
  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Lord of the Rings - clone bricks by Playmates - pictures

See (URL) for pictures. If Lego is going to continue in its current strategy of securing licensing rights, why they did not secure the rights to use the Lord of the Rings characters is a good question. I'm sure there are reasons. Possible ones (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  It's NOT LEGO

and (URL) (which is a great LotR site) has that "LEGO is coming out with Hobbits, Gandalf, and much more Middle-earth! " ugh! -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's NOT LEGO

(...) Well, I just sent them an email about it. I'm not sure if you did as well, but such an ignorant error on their part deserves a bit of email-chastising. Politely, of course. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's NOT LEGO

(...) Did you look at those sets, and we complain about LEGO juniorization... The characters are even ugly [from a LEGO type perspective], it looks like they are scuplted characters on a 2x4 brick base... It will be interesting to see them and see (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact