 Castle / 10460 (+20)
  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:GJEG7x.Lt8@lugnet.com... (...) The Sunday Trading Act that allowed stores to open on Sunday in the UK was as recent as 1994. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  fire

when the first expidition left my kingdom for an expidition to the isle of mists they returned a day later having sprung a leak that night some peasnents agenst the whole isle of mist thing burnt the expeditions boat to a crisp. gaurds were lucky to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) The U.S. Supreme Court held in 1961 that blue laws enacted by states (and by extension municipalities, I presume) restricting various aspects of Sunday commerce were constitutional. I don't believe that that decision has ever been overturned, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) As much as I don't want to advertise for them, do make a point of trying their lemonade if you like hyper-strong (sour) lemonade mixes. I think you spelled it right. Chris (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Actually, most stores in the Netherlands *still* don't open on Sunday, some because of statute--church attendance is down almost 75% from just 20 years ago, so it's not an anti-secular thing anymore. I hear Belgium's the same way, as is much (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Star Wars = Castle!

Does anyone else think that the ‘New 2002’ -Star Wars- minifigs will make a great addition to Castle. I can’t wait to procure about a dozed Ewoks to use as Forest gnomes. Also, the Yoda fig could be perfect to use on a knights body so that we can (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GJEqAn.K47@lugnet.com... (...) Small shops can open 24x7 Large shops (over 280sqm) can only open 6 hours on Sunday - any 6 hours between 10am and 6pm. Dont know anything about a rule (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) No, what you mention up there rings a bell. I had thought there was some tie to Saturday's hours as well, but perhaps not. I wonder how long it will take the GLA to fix *that*. And has PPP been tanked yet?!? I hope so. Britain doesn't need (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Why? Does this seem fair or correct to you, out of curiosity? Trimmed FUT down to just .debate... which I forgot to do first time, sorry... ++Lar (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Star Wars = Castle!

"Kim Kates" <qawsedrftgb@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GJEt8t.3BF@lugnet.com... (...) This depends on whether you think castle = fantasy. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Star Wars = Castle!

(...) I'd trade all that for a couple of decent domesticated animals. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  possibility of new castle stuffs

OK I've been on holiday for a fortnight so if it's been brought up already I apologise, but posted by Brad Justus in .lego.direct was: (URL) anyone find out if it was done by an insider at LEGO, and if so, where did he get some of the pieces from, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) In Texas we have "dry" and "wet" counties. You know when you've crossed from a dry county to a wet county because the liquor stores and, not uncommonly, the topless bars, crowd the county line. I'd wager that deaths from DWI's are higher in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:GJGFrM.B60@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, I know. I used to live in Plano. It bemused my British wife and I that we had to drive 12 miles to buy liqour but that we could buy a gun in the local (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

These are the preliminary structures to be found within my imaginary world, called Caerany (the people are Caers). first a note about 'caer'. the word can be traced to 'cairn' which means a stoen structure or fortress. In the far North, the people (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  new MOC up on my site

been a bit slack lately and had my latest effort kickin round for ages, so I went outside and photo'd it this evening. Up on my site now - a medieval house with courtyard - made from my spanking new Guarded Inn's LMKWYT ta James www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) I thought they might've been yours, though the fact that they're not 8-wide kinda confused me a bit. ;-D Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) scale, though... Seriously however, I *do* like this, though it's kinda small and sketch-ish. I think microfig would make it easy to put lots of historically accurate detail into a full-sized castle with inner and outer curtain and full-sized (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  New Creations posted

I just scanned some Minifigs that i just made they are located at (URL) you in advance for checking them out LMKWYT P.S. How do i post these on Castle-World i have some really cool background stories for them. (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

(...) <snipped> (...) Lenny, Very well done! Nicely "Chronicled", too! When do we get more pictures of Castle Pahl? I'd love to see some interior pictures. I have to agree that 6066 is one of the best castle sets. It's part of a 3-way tie for my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact