 Castle / 1011
Re: The War of yellowcastle Storyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:38:34 GMT

Very nice indeed Thomas!

I have to say that this, the first major attempt by TLC at the Castle series
(1982), was in many ways better than the later grey/black castle sets.
Although yellow was not the best color to use for castles, it doesn't contain
the "Juniorization" of later sets.  Walls were made of bricks, and not castle
panels.  And many of the castles I have seen (in Europe), although not yellow,
seem to be closer to Tan in color than to gray.  And I don't ever remember
seeing any black in castles, except in the half timbering.  But, then again, I
am a Town AFOL, not a Castle AFOL.

Another footnote, the small 1x1x1 red windows, of which this set had 6, was
used for the last time in this set (1982).  This window was first used in
1957.  They haven't been used since (except maybe in a windows service pack in
the 1980's).  I do lament the loss of many of the early classic window styles.
Of the 9 varieties, only the 1x2x2 is still in production.  That is a shame.

Gary Istok

Thomas Main wrote:

I always wanted to create small storyboard like vignettes on my webpage.  I
recently re-acquired the 375 Castle set and so I thought I'd start out by
making a story using it.  Take a look if you would like:

http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/storyboard.html

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu