 Castle / 10105
Re: NEW MOCS: a chalet, a yellowish castle and a pirate boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daan Bargerbos writes:
I. THE CHALET (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2978)

This is my favourite, because of its simplicity, and playability
possibilities. All in all it has to be furnished a little more (sleeping
place, dinner side, etc), but it's a nice start. I probably keep this one
and refine it in the future.

A great model - I just love that stove!  Nicely conceived and executed.

II THE CASTLE (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2978)
(yellowishcastle)

I wanted to use the sandplate from the Egypte set to create a nice building.
Man, is this difficult! So I started to play and build. In doing this I came
up with the idea of making a kind of ruine (the grey-black part) on the back
side and a more colourfull inviting part on the front: the yellowish parts.
(My story in this would be about a sorcerer who lures visitors in his nice
dwelling, making them a kind of slaves who would have to help rebuilding his
old fortress).

A real Jekyl and Hyde.  Warm inviting front, and the mad scientist's castle
on the back.  Up the winding lane on top of a hill, no doubt.  :-)

III The boat (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2979)

For the boat: it's not finished yet, but it's showing a bit of it's glorious
endresult. Missing are the sails, the cannons and the most of the crew. As
with my other boat I tried to build the hull from merely brown pieces of all
kinds, and made it again upside down (you can discover at least 6 wide brown
elements from the StarWars sets).
So, not finished yet, but hey, this baby is still on her docking site,
eagerly awaiting her finishing touches.

Be sure to post the finale on the pirate board.  A delighful design sure to
make it's poor crew seasick (ah, those high castles that made Galleons such
rock and rollers).

Wonderful work.

Bruce