 Castle / 10101
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:20:19 GMT

Those are good thoughts, and play right in to the rules of Brikwars!!  But
they are inconsistent with the way the Crossed-Ax soldiers are portrayed in
the Lego sets.  Anytime you see a crossed ax soldier carrying a shield, it
is a lion shield!  (see guarded inn).  That's why I think of them as a
different division of the Lion King's army.

Very true. I have generally ignored what the boxes "portray" myself. But what
is the deal with the armoured inn then? Black Falcon Knight and crossed axe
footsoldiers hanging out at an inn together in perfect harmony?

**Bubble Bursts Loudly**

Hah hah hah, good point.  I am Norwegian, too, well at least half.  My
father was born near Tromso (sp?).  I guess I should know more about my own
heritage.  But the "viking invasions" of Europe and the British Isles lasted
for hundreds of years.  Normans were descendants of some Viking tribes.  And
you are telling me, that during all that time, not one single Viking sported
a helmet with horns on it???  :)

Haha, well the only Vikings I have seen so far with "horns" on their helmets
were the American football team :)