 Castle / 10023
10022  |  10024
Subject:
Finally delurking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:31:30 GMT

Hello all,

I hope I am "doing this right", and not posting this on the wrong forum.

I just wanted to introduce myself after having lurked here for a while.  First
off, I had a great weekend meeting lots of you guys at Brickfest here in the DC
area, and wanted to thank everyone I met for welcoming me to the community. It
was great seeing so many awesome MOCs up close and meeting so many other AFOLs
in person.

I am 23 years old and have been building lego for about 20 years, although I
had a semi dark age  from about the age of 17 until just over a year ago. My
main interest at this point is in castle, but I used to build lots of
contemporary and futuristic military vehicles, including a long string of
fighter planes.

I study history at the University of Sussex in southern England, but on
vacations I live in the US with my family in Northern Virginia, very close to
where Brickfest was being held. Apart from lego, my other great passion is
classic rock music. I don't play any instrument myself, but I listen to a lot
of music. I'm huge Bruce Springsteen fan.

I am afraid I am a bit illiterate when it comes to computers, and
unfortunately I don't anticipate having a website up and running any time soon.
Hopefully joining the AFOL community will be an incentive to me to learn to do
a bit more than just surf the net and email and stuff; I know I have pictures
of my MOCs I would like to show off at some point.

Once again, thanks to everyone who welcomed me into the community over the
weekend, I'm looking forward to talking lego!